Pin me!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Curly Hair Post

I so badly want to write a "What I Wore Wedneseday" post, but the truth is, I haven't worn anything but yoga pants and tshirts this week. I promise I haven't given up on style, but I haven't had any reason to dress in real clothes all week and when you get spit up on repeatedly all day long, really. What's the point? So for a fashion related post, and just to make me feel a part of the land of the fashionable, I'll talk about hair.

After I had Sam, I cut my own hair. I know. Take a minute to re-group. I have naturally curly hair, so it's not like you can tell if it's a little uneven and I just couldn't get to a salon with a newborn. So after it did feel a little uneven, I went to one of those walk in places and had them even it up. Now I'm pretty happy with the shape and how easy it is to style. It's a lot less curly than before I was pregnant, but that's ok.

Good products are really helpful with any kind of hair, but you don't have to spend all of your life savings on shampoo. Right now I'm using Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner. I love these because they are SUPER moisturizing. I've tried expensive salon brands and these actually work better!

For styling, I'm still using some of the principles of the Curly Girl method, but I'm using shampoo again and wrapping my hair in a towel again to dry it. I'm using a combo of styling products. I use Aveda Curl Cream and Garnier Fructis Leave in Conditioner. I scrunch those in and then use a little of Fructis's Moroccan Oil. I really think this helps with shine. I air dry for a few minutes and then use my diffuser to dry my hair. I massage the roots and then just kind of let it do as it pleases. This is how it usually turns out although every time is different. Oh and I only wash every three days. Otherwise, my hair is too dry.


Happy Hair everyone!
pleated poppy

Linking up to the people who actually wear clothes at The Pleated Poppy.

3 comments:

  1. I always loved your curly hair best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with yoga pants! I've been curling my hair lately as I'm mega bored with it being straight!

    Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete