Pin me!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 7/30-8/3

Let me be honest. I hate having to sit down weekly and plan out meals. So I started planning monthly after seeing some other smart mamas doing that via the Internet. It's such a relief to have the next four weeks planned out. I'm still going to the grocery store once a week, usually on Mondays to get what we need for the week, but it's usually a quick trip for just a few fresh ingredients.

I have to say all of this meal planning is saving us a LOT of money. It makes a huge difference when I plan what we're eating and just get what we need for those things each week. Usually I don't have to buy every single ingredient. We buy beef in bulk and freeze it and we keep a good supply of frozen chicken breasts around as well. Then there's things like pasta and some frozen veggies that we already have around. This is so. much. better. than shopping willy nilly and hoping we come up with some recipe ideas throughout the week. How did I ever get by without doing this??? Well I guess I didn't. My husband did all the cooking back when I was teaching full time. My feet always hurt too much. Now that I'm venturing into stay-at-home-momdom, I have more time to plan and cook and I'm loving it!

Here's what we're eating this week:

Monday: Chicken with green beans and red potatoes

Tuesday: Leftovers


Wednesday: Girls Night Out! (First one post baby!)



Thursday: Pasta with mascarpone, chicken, spinach and sun dried tomatoes

Friday: Bunless burgers and sweet potato fries

Saturday: Greek Chicken with pita in crock pot- I used chicken breasts for this and they  turned out great. This could be done over rice for a gluten free option.


Sunday: Moe's or pizza


Thank goodness for Pinterest. Am I right? 

Check out the awesome gluten free meal plans at Musings of a Housewife. I'm linking up my mostly gluten free plan there.


Gluten Free Meal Plan via Musings of a Housewife


Happy Eating and Olympic watching this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment