Pin me!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

I think I killed them...

my adrenal glands that is, with a steady dose of high stress from my job and a diet high in Diet Mountain Dews. I was over perusing one of my new favorites, Food Renegade, and saw something about Adrenal Fatigue. I thought to myself, "hmm, wonder what that is." Then I read this post and the comments and quickly realized I probably do have Adrenal Fatigue. Now I know I don't need to be blog diagnosing myself, but when you have all of the the symptoms on a list of symptoms and you've been wondering why you have those symptoms for months, it just adds up. Let's not be in denial here.

But the good news is, there are things you can do to fix it, or to let your adrenals recover (see the link to the post above). The sad news is, it takes a good 6-8 months. But the other good news is, I'm about to have 2 months off to re cooperate from the high stress of my job. And I've been eating whole foods and less sugar and that's another one of the suggestions. So I think, (I hope) I'm on my way to adrenal recovery.

I'm trying to think good recovering thoughts about my adrenals everyday. See, little glands! I'm not drinking soda or 10 gallons of sugar a day anymore. Don't you feel loved and more appreciated? Heal, glands! Heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment