Pin me!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Let's just be honest...


I want sugar. I want it. I want sugary drinks and sugary foods. I want to drink sweet tea again and eat comfort foods again. Let's be honest and say I'm having a hard time today and the past couple of days not eating my weight in sugar like I used to.

Why did I stop eating sugar? Because I think eating steady doses of fake processed sugar and processed food in general has lead to a steady deterioration of my adrenal glands and the throwing out of balance of my hormones. And I want to feel better and have more energy. I want my skin to clear up and I want my hormones to balance out without having to use birth control. (I'm still researching that by the way).

Soo....here I am still trying to cut out the sugar (for the most part). And I'm just being honest and saying it's not easy and I still crave sugar. This could also have to do with the fact that it's a certain time of the month and I always crave sugary carbs at this time of month. That doesn't make this any easier.

Ok I feel a lot better having said that. I just had to get that out there. I'm not giving up. It's just not the easiest thing I've ever done.


I'm reading Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth right now. It's a great book about our relationship to food, emotional eating and how we use food to escape feeling emotional pain. And while I don't know that her version of God is the God I believe in, I think there is some real truth in the book and I'm learning to really question why I'm eating when I eat from this book. I already knew that sometimes when I'm sad or hurt or angry or tired, I often want a "treat," like a cookie or a coke. And I can even turn that into a healthy thing, like after a hard day at work I'll come home and drink kombucha instead of water. So I'm trying to figure out when I use food to avoid feeling what I don't want to feel and how it affects my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment