Pin me!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A New Favorite- Naan Bread Pizza

When my husband and I were trying to work more vegetable into our meals and I was having a hard time getting used to it because I didn't always enjoy vegetables, (I know, horrible, but true) he came up with this amazing meal that I now absolutely love, love, love.

We take a piece of garlic naan bread (bought pre-made from Publix, but we're working on getting some from the Indian store or making our own), baste it with extra virgin olive oil, put cut up cooked chicken, cut up white onion (small pieces), red bell pepper, whatever kind of cheese we have in the fridge, grated and Zahtar seasoning. I know you're thinking, "What the heck?" or at least I was. We got it from World Market, but I'm sure any seasonings that you like and that go with these foods would do. Then we bake this all on a cookie sheet at 375 until the cheese is melted and it's a little brown.

And here you have one of my new favorite meals. So flavorfully, amazingly, wonderful. Oh I love it.


Yes, we can all agree my photography skills need a little work, but you get the idea. Also, try to ignore the fact that I had already cut it into four pieces. I was hungry and ready to eat. Just be glad I stopped long enough to take a picture.   =)    Mmmm.....

1 comment:

  1. That is such a good idea. I'm so inspired!

    ReplyDelete