Pin me!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's happening...

...the heaviness in my chest, a tickle in my throat, INCESSANT coughing. Ugh. We just went through this three weeks ago. Really, body? Really!?!?!?!?!? It's the last week of school. Can't we just pull it together for three more days? Come on. Ugh.

This is one of the huge reasons I think my adrenals are barely hanging on by a thread. It doesn't take much for me to get sick. A kid could cough in my direction and my body gives up. Or I could get less than perfect sleep for a night and it's over. Or I'm stressed for two days at work and forget about it. Done.

I don't want to be a weakling! Really I don't! I want immunity of steel! I want to be able to withstand a room full of stomach viruses and flus and not even flinch. And this is what I'm working toward. Hopefully, this time next year, this is where I'll be. Overly ambitious? Maybe, but one can dream, can't one?

I'm going to try to pull through the next three days. I need to hydrate, sleep and beef up the immunity in whatever way possible. This calls for tea, vitamins and green smoothies. :) We'll see...

We have here a stalk and a half of kale, 1/4 a bag of mixed frozen fruit, about 12 oz. water and some stevia extract, all thrown together in the blender and voila! The wine glass just makes it extry fancy! 

1 comment:

  1. Feel better!!! Don't get sick now, you are on the home stretch to summer!!! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete