Pin me!

Monday, May 10, 2010

three more weeks...two more Mondays

That's the first thing I thought when I woke up this morning. And I don't think it's just me. While talking to my colleagues, I discovered, I wasn't the only one who was coaching myself along this train of thought as I tried to drag my rear to work this morning.

We were trying to figure out after lunch what is it about this time of year for teachers and students that's so dang hard. Is it that we're so freakin tired? Or that everything piles up into this time of year? Or that the kids just can't seem to follow the rules so close to the end of school, making everything more difficult? We never did come to a real conclusion, but my thoughts are that the kids are losing it this time of year. Everything has piled up. We're exhausted and we need a break. Can I just say that again? We need a break.

For some reason it's harder to get through this year than it has been the first two. I think the first two it was still new and maybe somewhat exciting. Now the excitement has gone, the exhaustion has set in and I'm over it. I just desperately long for sleep (no matter how much I get on the weekends) and summer. Oh sweet summer. With your long days free of obligations, stress, crying children and people saying my name all day. Beautiful summer when I feel like a real adult with a real social life and a real bedtime. Oh you're so close, but feel so far away.....

And I'm so tired just thinking about having to get through the end of the year stuff overwhelms the crap out of me.       Three more weeks....two more Mondays.....





Disclaimer: I love my job and am extremely passionate about what I do, the people I work with, and the students I teach, but there are several reasons why we get summers. And right now the exhaustion level is nearing its max and I'm really needing that long break. I would not however, want any other job. I totally believe this is what I'm supposed to be doing. And I'll feel better doing it after I get a long break.

No comments:

Post a Comment