Pin me!

Friday, June 29, 2012

Beautiful Friend

When I was two and she was three her family moved in across the street from my house. She asked me if I wanted to play and that started a lifelong friendship that has lasted 26 years. She enriched my imagination when we played house, princesses and sang like we were rockstars into my play microphone. We would specifically pretend to be Whitney Houston. Oh those were the days...

She has always been my biggest fan no matter what crazy phase we were going through. And even though our lives have been drastically different, she has loved me like a sister the whole way. Our differences and years spent apart haven't changed a thing. There are some friends that are like family. It doesn't matter how long it's been since you've seen each other, you just pick back up where you left off.  She is that kind of friend, more like a sister than anything else.

When I got married, she was there in full force, with her vibrant personality and vivacious energy and she caught the bouquet with more enthusiasm than I thought possible and didn't care that she ended up on the floor. It was one of the highlights of my reception.











I always knew she'd do incredible, wonderful things and I'm watching and reading along now as she does. I can't describe her situation better than she can, so I'll just put a link to her beautifully authentic blog. She will also be appearing Wednesday night on HLN's Stories of Courage. Here's a preview.



I could not be more proud to call this amazing woman my friend. Kathleen, I love you and I'm inspired by you to love my husband more selflessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment