Pin me!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Because even drug dealers like cookies...


After we had Sam and the generous friends from church were bringing us food, a sweet friend who is a wonderful cook brought us these cookies and I thought, "Hey! I can make those!"And I did. They're so hearty and just delicious. 


I usually use a lot less than three cups of oats. Three cups overcrowds the cookie in my opinion. And obviously no one wants an overcrowded cookie. I also add a few more chocolate and butterscotch chips than it calls for. I like an even ratio between oats and chips. When you take them out of the oven, they don't look done, but trust me. After about eight minutes they are. You want them to be soft and chewy.




This recipe makes way too many for two people so I'm planning to take some to my neighbors later today. I'll take some to our sweet neighbor who watches our doggies for us when we're away. And the other batch will go to the drug dealer on the other side in hopes that he'll quiet down his vileness out of respect for the cool girl with a new baby that brings him cookies. :) A girl can dream can't she? Aaand if that doesn't work, I'll just start calling the police, but hey, at least I tried cookies first.






If you don't have a drug dealer in your life or a sweet neighbor who watches your dogs, you can wrap the rest of the dough up in plastic wrap and fridge or freeze it til you're ready to eat the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment